Monday, August 11, 2014

Zucchini Carrot Gluten Free Mini Muffins

What do you do with the abundance of zucchini taking over your garden? I actually do not like zucchini enough to plant it, but we always have some given to us that I like to use up. I used most of them in stir fry's and other main dish recipes, but I still had one left over. I love carrots in my muffins anyway, so I decided to add zucchini to give myself some extra nutrients. I like to use applesauce in my recipes instead of vegetable oil, the muffin remains moist even without the oil, and using gf flours. Give these a try. Let me know what you think.

You will need:
1 1/2 C. Gluten Free Oat Flour
1/2 C. Gluten Free Honey Buckwheat Flour
1/3 C. Pure Maple Syrup
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Sea salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 C. Applesauce
3/4 C. Milk
1 Tbs. Ground Flax mixed with 3 Tbs. Warm water to form a clump

Method:
Combine all ingredients and bake at 400 in mini muffin cups for about 15 minutes or so. Enjoy!

Thanks for visiting, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment