Monday, November 17, 2014

Black Bean Brownies, Gf and Ef


Since I had to omit eggs from my diet I have not found a brownie recipe I like. It seems that they either don't taste right, or the texture is off, or they just do not even bake up at all. My dear friend Missy gave me this recipe for black bean brownies and I love them. I know, it sounds strange right? I was skeptical too, but honestly since I made this batch I ate eight brownies over a 12 hour time period. Hehe. They really are that good.

You will need:
1 1/2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained. (1 15oz can)
2 Tbs. Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Gluten Free Oats
1/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 C. Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 C. Coconut Oil
2 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 C. Chocolate Chips (NOT OPTIONAL) plus more for topping

Method:
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in food processor. Pulse until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips, then pour into greased 8x8 glass pan. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips over top. Bake for 15 minutes or so. Cool 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!

Thanks for visiting, Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment