Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pirate Party Part 1

Back in May we celebrated my son's 5th birthday. I know, it has seriously taken me this long to blog about it, what can I say, life happens and we are busy. In the interest of some privacy, I will not disclose my children's names here on the blog, who knows how many crazy people there are out there that could find a way to corrupt my life. :) Seriously though, you never know. I will begin referring to my children as B and R. B is my oldest son, he is 5. R is my youngest, he is 2. Yes. I have two boys. :)

So...B chose to have a pirate party this year. He wanted to invite his entire preschool class to his party. If you've ever hosted a children's birthday party you know that the larger the number of kids who attend, the crazier and more chaotic the party. With a little persuasion we compromised, and allowed him to invite five friends.

Here are some pictures of the supplies we got for our pirates. 
My sister found the bandanas, and I picked up the patch at Target and the sword at the dollar store.

I kept the party snacks pretty simple. Paper cups filled with organic popcorn, fruit kabobs, and pirate cupcakes.
 
 
The pirate cupcakes were delicious. I did not make them gluten free, but the chocolate cupcakes are egg free. The vanilla cupcakes are pretty standard. My sources tell me they were yummy.
Recipe for chocolate cupcakes:
1 1/2 c. flour
1 c, sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. veg oil
1 c. water
1 tsp. vinegar
Bake at 350 for 25 min.
 
Recipe for Vanilla cupcakes:
1/2 c. softened butter
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 c. cold milk
Bake at 350 for 20 min. 

No comments:

Post a Comment