Friday, August 30, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls (Gluten Free)


When you need a little pick m up during the day a Lara bar is a great option. But the price tag on those babies is a bit ridiculous. I read the ingredient list from my favorite Lara bar, and set out to recreate a Lara bar. As I was working my mixture  decided to make balls instead. They seem to form better, and are easier to eat too. Like most of my snacks, these can be eaten as a snack, or dessert. They are that good.

You will need:
1 1/2 c. cashews, unsalted
1 c. pitted dates
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tbs. mini chocolate chips
1 tbs. raw cocoa butter

Method:
Pulse cashews in food processor until they are tiny pieces. They should look like this.
Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine. You may have to scrape the mixture down and pulse again until you see it coming together. Your mixture should look like this.

That's it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment