Monday, September 2, 2013

Kindergarten Lunch

School is officially in session.  This week has been bittersweet for me. My oldest son has started kindergarten. He will be in school 5 full days a week. I think this is a lot for a 5 year old. What happened to half day kindergarten? That would be ideal. Anyhow, here we are. He has been so excited, and more than ready.  On the other side of things, I will be able to spend more one on one time with my little guy. He will turn 3 this fall. 

This is the lunch I packed for the first day of Kindergarten. He requested a "silly face lunch." I think this looks a little silly, he approved. The face is a raisin English muffin with cream cheese spread on top. I used cheese and carrots for the eyes, cheese and a raisin for the nose, and a carrot sliver for the mouth. The two cucumber snacks you see of the left are hollowed with a dollop of hummus inside. I topped them with a few raisins and shredded carrots. I thought they looked pretty fun. His fruit is cut up nectarines, and oranges. Across the top I included four chocolate chip cookie dough balls. You can view the recipe here. I also cut some Colby jack cheese into little animals for a fun addition. My son loved his lunch. He sees me making it in the morning, and can't wait until lunch time.

Have you sent any of your kids back to school yet? I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment