Wednesday, September 18, 2013

DIY Chalkboard

I should have taken before and after pictures of this project, but it slipped my mind. This chalkboard used to be a mirror hanging above my fireplace. We moved a few years ago and this has been stored in the basement with no fireplace to hang it above. I decided after seeing many pins on pinterest about repurposing old items with chalkboard paint, to give it a try. I was quite pleased with the outcome. It came out perfectly. It is now hanging in my bedroom for my husband and I to write little notes to each other.

The process is pretty straightforward. Choose a piece you would like to repurpose. Buy some Chalkboard paint and a brush. Go to work. Allow at least 24 hours or so to dry, and you should be all set. Have you tried this project before? I would love to hear what you are working on.

Thanks for visiting, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment