Monday, August 12, 2013

Homemade Organic Lemonade


 My family and I enjoyed some lovely weather over our vacation. We spent a lot of our time at the beach, and we also went on several day trips. There is something so peaceful about our Maine beaches. The view is breathtaking. It does feel good to be back into the swing of things. We are down to two weeks before school starts back up so I am focusing on enjoying the last couple weeks of summer with my boys.

Last week I made this amazing lemonade. It was a huge hit. My husband and kids couldn't get enough. There have been many requests since, for me to make it again. I guess I had better get on that. If you have never made your own lemonade before, give this recipe a try. It is simple, organic and delicious.

You will need:
8 organic lemons, squeezed
4 cups cold water
1 sliced lemon for garnish
ice cubes
simple syrup, see recipe below

Make simple syrup and refrigerate at least one hour before using.

In a pitcher, combine freshly squeezed lemon juice and cold simple syrup.  Add cold water, lemon slices and ice cubes. Stir until well blended. Add more water to suit your personal taste. My family prefers their lemonade sweet, where as I prefer mine more diluted. I just add water to my own glass. Do what works for you.  Enjoy!

Simple Syrup
1 c. organic granulated sugar
1 c. water

Combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Boil 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat, and let cool. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment