Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chocolate Macaroons

I have had a small obsession with macaroons lately. I have been buying the Hail Merry Macaroons at the grocery store, oh yes, so... good. Anyway, they are over $3 for a little tiny bag, not feasible. So I thought, okay, I can make these.  I played around with their ingredient list and came up with a slightly altered variation. Here is the finished product. They are delicious.  Enjoy!

You will need:
1. c. shredded coconut, unsweetened
6 Tbs. pecan meal
1/4 c. coconut oil
5 Tbs. cocoa powder
2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
1/2 Tsp. vanilla
1 Tbs. raw agave nectar

Method:
Pulse the shredded coconut in your food processor to break it up. Once the pieces are quite small, add the remaining ingredients and pulse together until thoroughly blended. Use a small cookie scoop, or just roll into small balls, and place in a parchment lined container. Place in the fridge to set. Store in fridge of freezer for easy snacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment