Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easter Baskets


I love Easter. I have so much fun putting the baskets together and filling all the eggs. If you know me, you know I only give my children organic or all natural dye free candy. This yar my sister Laura introduced me to the perfect website to order dye free candy. I put in a big order so I could get a deal on the shipping cost. I will use the candy for Easter, B's birthday, and probably R's birthday too. You can visit https://www.naturalcandystore.com/

This year my kids are 6 and 3, so I decided to skip the stuffed bunny that usually goes into the Easter baskets and stick to toys and other stuff they could get some use out of. We have stuffed animals coming out of our ears around here, so it seemed fine to me to skip the bunny. I try to fill both baskets with the same type of contents, but personalized to each boy's taste. I know it is difficult to see, as I use small baskets, which are stuffed pretty full.They each got a bottle of bubbles, a foam sling shot, wooden airplanes, plastic eggs filled with jelly beans that are colored with vegetables, a Lego building kit, and a school workbook. I have to say I was so impressed when the workbooks came in the mail. I ordered them from amazon  and paid only $5 each. I expected them to be thin with maybe 20 pages. These workbooks are 236 pages long, and filled with great learning activities for the kids to do. My thought was that they could work on them over the summer to maintain what was learned in school this year. I spent a little more than I did last year, see post here, but as they get older their interests become more expensive. I was still able to maintain a budget of under $25.

Aside from their baskets they boys love to hunt for eggs. I fill 50 eggs with good candy, stickers, little toys, and marshmallows.  I will say there is a lot of candy involved in this day for my boys. I limit candy so much throughout the year, that I feel like it is okay for them to get excited for an overabundance of sweets a few times a year. They get spoiled with good food and kisses too.

How do you celebrate Easter?

Thanks for visiting, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment