Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Banana Bread



For some reason I have had an over abundance of bananas on my counter lately. Usually bananas do not last too long in my house, so this was a bit unusual, and the perfect opportunity to make some banana bread. Since I have not perfected an egg free or gluten free recipe yet, this one is your basic banana bread using all purpose four and eggs. My family loves it.

You will need:
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 c. half and half
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 c. unbleached flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. sea salt
1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts

Method:
Mix dry ingredients, and set aside. Cream softened butter with the sugar in electric mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, vanilla, eggs, and half and half. Add dry to banana mixture and pour into two small bread pans. Bake at 350 until toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!

Thanks for visiting, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment