Friday, March 28, 2014

Homemade Play Dough



My kids love play dough. You can pretty much guarantee an afternoon of play dough on a rainy day at our house. My little guy and I have been playing a lot this winter, and are beginning to run out of our supply. He tends to get more on the floor than in the container during pick up. Rather than making a Target trip I figured we could make a batch and have fun doing it.

Most play dough recipes call for cream of tarter which of course I did not have on hand. It also contains aluminum so skipping it was fine by me. This recipe contains only ingredients that you are sure to already have in your pantry. I used lavender essential oil to make it smell nice. I also divided my dough into four pieces and used food coloring to make different colors. I used regular food coloring for this. My organic non dye food coloring I save for baking. We are a dye free family when it comes to the foods we eat. :)

You will need:
2 c. flour
1/2 c. salt
2 c. water
1 tbs. vinegar
2tbs. oil
food coloring
essential oil

Mix all ingredients together in a sauce pan. Stir constantly over medium heat until dough forms. Remove from heat, and cool. Kneed in essential oil, and food coloring.  Happy playing.






Thanks for visiting, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment