Friday, May 30, 2014

Homemade Bug Spray

The bugs are out in full force right now. Ugh! They drive me nuts. Tick's are my main concern as they carry horrendous diseases, and are EVERYWHERE.  The kids love playing outside, so we are constantly finding ticks crawling all over their clothes, and have even pulled are few out that were attached. I decided to make my own bug spray this year, in hopes I could repel these nasty creatures in a safe natural way. Homemade bug spray is one of the easiest things to make. Once you get a collection of essential oils on hand, it is much cheaper than buying the good expensive bug spray at the natural food store.

You will need:
Spray bottle(I found mine at Target)
Distilled water
Witch Hazel
Essential Oils, Cedarwood, Citronella, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Peppermint, and Lemongrass

Method:
Fill container 1/2 full with distilled water. Add witch hazel almost to the top. Add about 10 drops each of the essential oils. Cover, and shake to combine.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for visiting, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment