Monday, May 19, 2014

Homemade Deodorant


I have been wanting to make deodorant for a while now. I finally managed some time to play with some ingredients. This is the best combination I came up with so far. I spend a lot of money on all natural deodorant from the health food store, so why not make my own, and save a little money. My main motivation for using an all natural product is to avoid the aluminum, which is cancer causing. It has also been proven to cause dementia. NO thanks. I use this deodorant every day, and I love it. I do 3-4 swipes under my arms, and call it good. I will say the weather has been pretty mild since I started using this, so I can't tell you how it works on a hot sticky day just yet. I will update this post once the temperatures climb a bit.

You will need:
2 Tbs. beeswax pellets
1 Tbs. Shea Butter
5 Tbs. Coconut Oil
1/4 C. Arrowroot Powder
1/4 C. Aluminum Free Baking Soda
3 Drops Vitamin E Oil
20 Drops Vanilla Essential Oil
20 Drops Lavender Essential Oil

Method:
Bring a pot of water to boil. Place a small glass jar inside the pot and melt beeswax, Shea butter and coconut oil.

Once melted stir in the arrowroot powder and baking soda. Add vitamin e oil and essential oils. Pour into empty deodorant containers, or into a mould of choice.




Thanks for visiting, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment