Thursday, March 21, 2013

Greek Yogurt with homemade granola


This is quite possibly my favorite snack, but the kids and husband do like it too.  It is filling, simple, and delicious.

A few scoops of vanilla Greek yogurt pairs really well with granola. Whether you use store bought granola, or make it yourself, this is a yummy healthy snack.  I choose to make my own granola, simply because I like to control what goes in it. Yes I may have some control issues, only minor though. :)

4 cups gluten free oats
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1/2 cup dried cranberries
a few squeezes of agave syrup

These measurements do not ave to be exact. I just eyeball my amounts, and call it good. Mix the oats, pecans, and cranberries together. Spread onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, and drizzle the agave over the top. Mix well and recoat. Bake at 250 for about 20 minutes. Cool completely. I store the finished granola in mason jars. My husband takes his own jar to leave at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment