Friday, March 29, 2013

Guacamole

 This picture really does not give this guacamole any justice. I promise it is way...more green than the picture shows. This guacamole recipe comes from my sister Amy. She came to Maine from California for a visit in January. Amy made guacamole at one of our family parties. It was a BIG hit.

Before I learned Amy's recipe, I was one of those people who ate store bought guacamole. I know, I know...yuck!!  I will never go back. This is so simple, and so...delicious. Plus, as I have said before, I can control my own ingredients when I make foods at home.

All you need is:

Two ripe avocado
1 medium tomato (squeezed)
2 clove garlic (mashed)
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbs diced white onion
1/4 tsp fresh cilantro
a couple turns of freshly ground black pepper
oregano (optional)
no salt needed

*The above picture is showing guacamole without onion or cilantro*

No comments:

Post a Comment