Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars


As you may recall I made this recipe a few weeks ago, but in a ball form.  I had a few people ask me if they could be made without the raw cocoa butter, since it is not a staple most people have on hand. So, I decided to make the recipe again without the cocoa butter to see how much it would affect the taste.  They came out great.  This time I chose to make them into bars.

You will need:
1 1/2 c. cashews, unsalted
1 c. pitted dates
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tbs. mini chocolate chips

Method:
Pulse cashews in food processor until they are tiny pieces. It should look like this.
Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine. You may have to scrape the mixture down and pulse again until you see it coming together. Your mixture should look like this.

Press into a parchment lined 8x8 pan, and chill in fridge before cutting into bars.  Store in refrigerator.  Enjoy!

You can view my original post here.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment