Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Granola Bars in a Cup, gluten free


This is my latest granola bar recipe.  I decided to change the regular bars up a bit, and try them out in mini muffin cups instead. It worked beautifully. This recipe is similar to my other granola bars but with a few ingredient changes.  They are gluten free, bonus, which was handy when my niece Tracy came over today. She was a very willing taste tester, and has since texted me for the recipe. It is so much easier to just say " it will be on the blog this week." Before snacktimemom, I typed out recipes for friends and family, and sent them via email. The blog is so much easier to refer people to.  If you give these a try, you will be pleased at how quickly they form in the fridge, and how quick and easy they are to make. 

You will need:
1/2 c. crunchy peanut butter
1/3 c. raw honey
1/4 c. coconut oil
2 c. gluten free oats
1/4 c. pecan meal
1/2 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 c. chocolate chips

Melt peanut butter, honey and coconut oil over medium heat. Take off burner and add remaining ingredients.  I usually wait a few minutes before I add the chocolate chips so they do not melt.  Spoon into mini muffin cups and place in the fridge to harden. Enjoy!

Thanks for visiting, Kayla

1 comment: