Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Homemade Hot Cocoa


Hot cocoa is the perfect sweet treat on a cold snowy day. The kids love having a cup when the return inside from hours of play in the snow. I usually have the packets from trader joe's on hand, but decided it would be fun to make my own. It looks like this is the better way to go for me.

This is hands down the best hot cocoa I have ever tasted. I promise you will love it. The best part is that you have complete control over the ingredients, and you know exactly what you are giving your family. No mystery name ingredients here.

You will need:
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. raw sugar
1/3 c. water
4 c. milk
gmo free marshmallows

Method:
Combine the cocoa powder, sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat letting the mixture boil. Stir constantly. Stir in the milk, make sure not to boil. Serve with marshmallows, or whipped cream.  Enjoy!

Thanks for visiting, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment