Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Cupcakes (Egg Free, Dairy Free)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!


I made these cupcakes for B's kindergarten Valentine's party. Sadly school has been cancelled the past two days so they never made it. I was half expecting the cancellation so I only topped one cupcake with a strawberry just to picture it for the blog. The rest of the cupcakes are in the freezer waiting to go to school. February vacation is next week so it looks like the kids will exchange their valentine's toward the end of the month. Oh well. They don't care.

This was my first attempt at egg free vanilla cupcakes. They came out perfect, or so my sources tell me. The recipe is a lot like my vegan chocolate cupcake recipe. I couldn't be more pleased. I have been meaning to make an egg free vanilla recipe but thought it would be more intensive than it actually was.

You will need:
1 3/4 c. unbleached flour
1 c. raw organic sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. veg. oil
1 c. cold water

Mix all ingredients and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.

Frosting:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 c. shortening
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
 2 tbsp milk
Dye Free Sugar Crystals
 
Thanks for visiting, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment