Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Homemade Vapor Rub




Cold and Flu season is in full swing this winter so it's a good idea to have some vapor rub on hand. I used to use Vick's Vapor Rub until I realized it had petroleum in it. Nasty! (We use non-petroleum  jelly also.) I decided it couldn't be too difficult to make my own, so here we go. I was going to simply mix my non-petroleum jelly with a few drops of eucalyptus oil, but  wanted a slightly different texture. I decided to work with beeswax to achieve a thicker result. My homemade vapor rub cam out prefect. I love the texture, and it smells just like Vick's. I have yet to try it, thank goodness, but I'm sure it will help relieve those little stuffy noses.


You will need:
1/4 c. Almond Oil
1Tbs. Beeswax pastilles
10 drops eucalyptus oil
10 drops peppermint oil



Method:
Melt the beeswax with the almond oil. Add essential oils and pour into an airtight container. I used little glass jars I bought at the health food store. You could use any mason jar, or tin you have on hand. Rub on little feet and chests to relieve congestion.

Thanks for visiting, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment