Monday, May 27, 2013

Spring planter


 
 
Spring has arrived. I had been patiently waiting to repaint this old terracotta plant pot for my deck. I have been warned that terracotta will absorb moisture, and cause the paint to bubble, but I got a really great deal on this oversized planter from the local  Restore so I thought I would give it a try. I bought some black metallic spray paint, and went to work. It only took two coats, and 24 hours to dry.
 
For the plants, I wanted to choose annuals so I could mix it up, and try some new plants next year. I did however add in a couple perennials, because I liked the look so much, and it was just for shallow ground cover. (or pot cover :)  I fully intended to remember, or at least write down the names of these plants, but somehow that never happened. Forgive me. :(

I do not claim to be an expect in planting. I mentioned before that I am still finding my green thumb, so my gardening posts are pretty much a documentation of my journey along the way.  Thanks for tagging along. 

I am very pleased with the finished product.  Have you experimented with plants yet this Spring?


Here are some pictures of the painting process:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment