Friday, December 6, 2013

3 Year Old Birthday Party Part 2

As promised, here are the cupcakes from R's third birthday party. Don't they look delicious?

I did not have a good recipe for pumpkin cupcakes so I went poking around online. I found a great blog called iwrestledacupcakeonce.blogspot.com I used her pumpkin cupcake recipe, and they came out fabulous. Or soy taste testers told me. You can view her original post here. I followed her recipe but substituting with all of my usual organic ingredients.
Recipe for pumpkin cupcakes
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
½ tsp salt
1 ¼ cups pumpkin puree
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup veg oil
2 eggs
For the frosting:
¼ cup butter, softened
4 oz. cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp milk
 
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
 

 

 

This is my own recipe creation. I must say I am quite proud of it. These cupcakes come out amazing every time. The best part, they are allergy friendly. Thank goodness. Mommy needs a little treat once in a while too.
Recipe for gluten free chocolate cupcakes:
1c.gluten free oat flour
1/2 c. gluten free honey buckwheat flour
1 c, sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. veg oil
1 c. water
1 tsp. vinegar
Bake at 350 for 25 min.
  Thanks for visiting, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment