Friday, December 27, 2013

Coconut Sugar Scrub


Christmas is officially over. We had a fabulous holiday. Did you?  After a month full of Christmas parties, Santa sightings, and shopping, Christmas day finally arrived. My husband, kids and I stayed home all day on Christmas, and enjoyed every minute of it. The boys stayed in the pj's the entire day, and actually got along. Lately we have been dealing with fighting between the kids, but magically, not on Christmas.

I made this sugar scrub the other day to help battle my dry winter hands. It is the simplest recipe, you'll have to try it. I keep a jar under my bathroom sink, and a jar in my shower. This scrub works great for exfoliating any where you want to use it. It also makes great gifts too.

You will need:
Organic Coconut Oil, room temp.
Natural Sugar

I use a 2:1 ratio when mixing this up. I made a large batch so I used 1 cup coconut oil for 2 cups sugar. A small batch would be 1/4 cup coconut oil mixed with 1/2 cup sugar.
 
 I add the coconut oil and the sugar to my stand mixer and set it on medium speed for about 10 minutes. You really want this to mix well. Make sure your coconut oil is room temperature.


That's it. Spoon the mixture into mason jars and store at room temperature. This is important. I set a couple jars in my mudroom, (which in not heated) with some Christmas gifts that I was getting ready to bring to a party.  The sugar scrub hardened right up. It came back to a soft consistency once it warmed back up though.

Thanks for visiting, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment