Monday, December 23, 2013

Salt Dough Ornaments

First I will say that I did not intend to make salt dough ornaments this year, so that is why this post is coming to you two days before Christmas. But then, I read this post from one of my favorite bloggers, and decided to go ahead. We made salt dough ornaments last Christmas, but did not get too fancy with them. I basically wanted to capture the kids handprints, and call it good. This year we decided to have a little more fun, and bring out the stamps and paint. I don't have any pictures of the painted ornaments, since it turned into a two day project, but here are some pictures of our fun process.



 
 

You will need:
1 c. flour
1/2 c. salt
1/2 c. warm water

Mix all together until you reach a dough like consistency. Roll, stamp, cut. Bake at 200 for 4 hours. Once they come out of the oven and cool completely you can paint them, or add glue and glitter.  FYI: I chose to stamp directly onto the unbaked dough. It worked great.  Have fun!

Thanks for visiting, Kayla




No comments:

Post a Comment