Monday, December 30, 2013

Fruit and Nut Bars


My littest son 'R' is becomming a fussy eater. I am struggling to find fruits that he will eat this time of year. Usually he goes for strawberries, and raspberries, but they are not easilly found in Maine during the winter months. I decided to buy some dried fruit and incorporate it into a bar. He loves bars. After a little trial and error process I came up with these. They are delicious.

You will need:

1 c. dried fruit, I used mango and apples
2 c. cashew meal
1/4 c. ground flax seed
1/2 c. shredded coconut
2 tsp. vanilla          

Method:
Soak the dried fruit in 1/2 cup of hot water until all the water is absorbed. Combine fruit, coconut, flax, vanilla and cashews in the food processor. Pulse to combine.  Spoon into a parchment lined dish and refrigerate until it sets. Cut into squares. I store mine in the freezer, but you could store them in the fridge of at room temperature for a day or so. Enjoy!

Thanks for visiting, Kayla                    

No comments:

Post a Comment