Friday, December 20, 2013

Holiday Granola (Gluten Free)


I just love to add granola to my Greek yogurt in the mornings. Actually, I even put it on ice cream. Confession: I am eating this on ice cream right now. :) The simple mommy pleasures once the kids are in bed. Sigh.  I made a little extra and added some to a few mason jars. I made a little label, and added a bow. Now we have a delicious gift idea for the holidays. I have another granola recipe that I usually make, see my post here, but I thought I would create a new version to add some variety. The cinnamon brings this granola to a whole new level. :)

You will need:
5 c. gluten free oats
1 c. raw pecans
1 c. shredded coconut
1/2 c. raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 c. chia seeds
1 c. dried cranberries
2 TBS. cinnamon
1/2 c. coconut oil, melted
1/2 c. raw agave

Method:
Combine the oats, pecans, coconut, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds in a large bowl. Coat with cinnamon. Melt the coconut oil, and combine it with the agave. Pour over the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.  Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes. Add cranberries. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment