Friday, July 18, 2014

Summer Sunscreen Chap Stick


Do you remember the chapstick I made a few months ago? Well I decided to enhance my recipe to add a little sun protection. I am new to using zinc oxide so I will not attempt to label this with a sun protectant factor, (spf), rather just say that it will provide some level of protection. I decided to flavor this with orange and vanilla essential oils. It screams summer since as it tastes just like a creamsicle. What, you don't eat your chapstick? ;) Give this a try, you will love it.

You will need:
1 1/2 Tbs. beeswax pellets
2 1/2 Tbs. Jojoba Oil
5 Drops Vitamin E Oil
1/2 tsp. Zinc Oxide(non-nano, very important)
15 Drops Orange Essential Oil
15 Drops Vanilla Essential Oil

Method:
Heat water in a small pot on the stove. Place a glass cup in the heated water and melt all ingredients except oils together until you are down to a liquid. Add essential oils to the melted mixture.
 
Using a glass dropper fill whatever containers you are using and let harden.
That's it. Enjoy! 
 
Thanks for visiting, Kayla 

No comments:

Post a Comment